Hello~! Due to many people suddenly saying they can't make it-- a skit is still in need of participants!! This is the HetaVision Montage
skit!PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE BY SUNDAY OCTOBER 31st!!!What the skit's about:
Characters will appear onstage lip-synching to a respective Eurovision Song Contest song. Some dancing, acting out, interaction and reaction will be prevalent. NOTE:
If you know about Hetalia but not about Eurovision and still wanna be in the skit, feel free to look into it! Here is Eurovision's YouTube Channel
, and here's their Wikipedia article
. It will also help to listen to the assigned song! Where will it be: Anime USA 2010
, at the Crystal City Hyatt Regency in Arlington, Virginia (by the way, for those in the Virginia-DC-Maryland area, there is a metro stop in Crystal City!)When will it be:
The Masquerade will be Saturday, November 15th.PERFORMER REQUIREMENTS:
- A costume. Handmade or bought, it doesn't matter-- this skit is for fun!
- Know how to lip-synch-- just sing without breathing.
- Knowing the song (or at least the snippet) you'll be lip-synching to. Info will be below, so keep looking!
- Energy and having-fun-ness onstage. No one wants to look like they're on the verge of crying while a skit's going on! ; A;
- According to Anime USA's rules, participants under 15 are required to have parent permission.
- Coming to the rehearsal. This is an Anime USA Masquerade requirement-- it's an instant forfeit if members don't show up!!! Set an alarm, write it on your hand, tie a string around your finger, or put a note on your iTouch or cell phone. Please be there!!! Rehearsal time will be announced on the convention's website under the printable pocket-program.
- You may want to meet up with me on Friday, or early on Saturday to talk about the skit, if you would like. Contact me if you want to do so!
- And I cannot stress this enough-- respect your fellow fans!! I want no disrespect, meanness, backstabbing or rude words flying amongst people I intend to work with. Besides-- it's meant to be fun! Let's keep that!
- Take a look at Anime USA's Official Masquerade Rules!!
A few of us, but not many will have double-roles-- including myself and another participant who will be both Norway and Italy. I want to keep double-roles to a minimum-- but if you CAN (meaning that you have a cosplay of two of the listed characters) let me know. If you do a double-role:
ROLES STILL NEEDED
- You have to tell me which characters you can do.
- I will edit the audio to make it so you have enough time to speed-strip offstage.
- It would be a good idea if you have part of your second costume hiding underneath your first. Makes changing a little faster!
Turkey by ArtieDrawings
England by Esabelle-Ryngin
France by Charvatres
Italy by PrincessCallie
Norway by Princess Callie
Austria by Toast Weasel Of Doom
ROLES PENDING (In other words, keep in mind in case things change)
SONG SNIPPETS THAT EACH CHARA WILL LIP-SYNCH TO (IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE SO FAR)
IF YOU CAN COSPLAY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING AND CAN'T DO ONE FROM THE MAIN LIST:
- Belarus-- Eyes That Never Lie
- Russia-- Lost And Forgotten
- Turkey-- Dum Tek Tek
- Greece-- This is Our Night
- Prussia-- Miss Kiss Kiss Bang
- Spain-- Baila El Chiki Chiki
- Lithuania-- Eastern European Funk
- Latvia-- Probka
- England-- That Sounds Good To Me
- France-- Allez! Ola! Ole!
- Italy-- (Short cameo, no lip-synch)
- Austria-- (Short cameo, no lip-synch)
- Norway-- Fairytale
- Germany-- Satellite
Switzerland (to "Il Pleut du L'Or")
Finland (to "Lose Control")
Estonia (to "Leto Svet")
Ukraine (to "Be My Valentine")
Poland (to "I Don't Wanna Leave")
**It would be much preferred if you could play one from the main list. But, if you really can't, but you have a costume of one or two of this list, that's fine.
ONCE YOU'VE DECIDED THAT YOU WANT TO BE IN THE SKIT AND CAN
Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or note me on deviantArt.
- Go to the restroom, get some water, have an energetic snack, and stay calm before masquerade time.
- Make sure you did some practicing!
- Remember the faces (or at least the roles or costumes) of your skitmates.
- Go over the list and make sure you remember the songs that come before yours!
- Help those who need it, as well! Pass along props, when needed, and wig assistance may be needed. :)
- Listen close to the songs that come before yours so you make it out in time! Try walking out as you hear the DJ-scratch noise.
- Energy! Energy! Energy!! Have it onstage!! You're lip-synching to Europop as a Hetalia character! If you're having fun, show it!!
~CHANGES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
I will send a simultaneous email and DeviantArt note, also post on the Facebook group page. CONTACTING ME:
You can Note/leave a comment on my Deviantart,
or email me at email@example.com.
I made a Facebook group for all the people who are in this. If you are ABSOLUTELY SURE
, I'll add you to it-- I'll just need your permission.
REMEMBER TO TELL ME BY SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31st IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE IN THE SKIT!!!
HIGHLY APPRECIATED!! THANK YOU!!! >w<